Image Map

Saturday, December 3, 2011

P is for Peppermint

Have I ever told you guys how much I love my job?? I work with some pretty amazing individuals. This week, I was chatting with a Kindergarten teacher I work with and she said, “As I was driving to work today I came up for a center activity for you to make…” Well, after a brief chalkboard drawing and some sweet incentives…

“The Peppermint Push” was created.

The Peppermint Push is an engaging activity that will help student's think about the order of spoken sounds in words. The Peppermint Push sound segmentation activity will assist your students to hear the sequence of phonemes in the 42 different C-V-C words included in this packet. The student's will verbally stretch the word’s sounds while pushing a peppermint candy into each of the boxes, one for each sound heard. (i.e. 3 sounds, 3 peppermints)

peppermint push

Head on over to my TPT store and pick it up. I think your student’s will “love” learning how to segment sounds with this “sweet” center.

Always, Melissa

P.S. Thank you Jackie!!! You’re simply The Best!!

2 comments:

  1. How very cool!! We have an early intervention reading program in our district where we teach students to push up the sounds they hear and then we change one sound and they have to figure out which one it was. You could totally adapt that to fit your center!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I gave you the Sunshine Award :) Come on over to pick it up!

    http://kindergartensmiles.blogspot.com/2011/12/so-lucky.html

    Caitlin
    Kindergarten Smiles

    ReplyDelete

❤Melissa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...