Image Map

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Applicious Adventures

Today was our “apple tasting” event. We had a yummy good time. First, we sample our apple varieties and wrote adjectives describing them. I had the students pick one of their adjectives from their list and write it on an index card and post it on our “big, juicy red apple”.

Before

 applepic4

After

applepic2

Adjective Chart

image

 

Next they picked their favorite apple variety (red, green, or yellow) and we posted it on our oversized apple chart. After all of the students posted their apples, we analyzed our data.

Before

apple1

After

applepic3

Student Recording Sheet I had them “draw” apple using colored pencils as the students were coming up one by one to put on chart.

image

 

Tomorrow we will be writing about our “favorite” apples and creating a project for “open house”.

image

You can snag up this freebie at my TPT store

image

 

Enjoy

Melissa

7 comments:

  1. Melissa,
    I love your unit! I even blogged about it :) Thanks for sharing your ideas!

    Chelsey♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing! You have me totally miss teaching with this post- Apple Week was always one of my faves!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love, love, love the tree you created for your students to record their favorite apple! I'm doing my taste testing on Friday and can't wait to use it. Thanks for the freebie! Oh, and I like the name of your apple centers. Mine are called the same thing!

    Rebecca
    First Grade Fascination

    ReplyDelete
  4. Going to pin that large apple recording graph right now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you! We are describing apples tomorrow!
    ReadWriteSing

    ReplyDelete
  6. perfect timing! that's what we're doing today - thanks friend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for sharing your apple freebie! Love it!

    Jessica
    Learn, Play & Have Fun

    ReplyDelete

❤Melissa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...