Image Map

Sunday, November 25, 2012

The Countdown is on… Are you ready for the BIG TPT Cyber Sale???

Well, the countdown is on for tomorrow’s BIG CYBER sale. Have you been filling your TPT cart with tons of goodies? I know my cart is busting at the seams. I am trying to stock up on clipart, winter, and spring items.

My entire store will be 20% of Monday and Tuesday

Use the TPT code ( CMT12) for an additional % off

3AMTeacher_cybermonday_button_2012_2

Thanks Michelle @ the 3 am teacher for button

Any whoI have also been prepping for my return to school tomorrow. I am super excited to see my kiddos. Wonder if they missed me? I have decided to begin utilizing my B3C with my kiddos. I figured this was a great time to begin since we are starting a new Reading unit tomorrow. My original B3C packet has been out since June of 2011. There were 19 different graphic organizers in the packet, but I just added 9 more to correlate with the comprehension skills in my second grade reading series.

When I created this packet during the summer of 2011, I was working as a co-teacher in a leveled first grade reading group. This idea was derived from a blog post by Cara Carroll of The First Grade Parade. (She is amazing!!! Head on over and check out her blog!!!! Super cute and she has the BEST ideas!!!!) Where was I??? Oh yeaWe struggled every week trying to help our lower leveled student's understand key elements of the stories therefore, we began implementing the B3C (brown bag book club) to help motivate and intrigue our students about the weekly story and to give them an opportunity to write down various comprehension elements and share with their peers. (To be honest this a “wonderful” strategy to get kids excited about reading and helps them understand various comprehension skills and strategies.) This oral discussion and written activity has helped the students immensely with their oral reading fluency and comprehension.

Again this is an updated packet!! Original Posting 6/2011 Updated Packet 11/2012

I just uploaded the revised packet- For those of you who have already purchased the B3C, simply head on over to your TPT purchases  and re-download for the new pages.

image

Here’s a sample of the updated pages

BBBCiv

BBBCv

BBBC1

 

Always,

Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment

❤Melissa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...