Image Map

Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Unity Day and Spookley


It’s Unity Day!!! All of the students were decked out in Orange. We ordered these shirts a few years ago. I just love them!! Perfect to celebrate Unity Day and show our support for National Bully Prevention Month. (Too bad I forgot mine today L, but it was nice to see other staff members around the building wearing them.)



We started our afternoon reading, Spookley, the Square Pumpkin I wanted to discuss words to describe Spookley.

 

I was inspired by a Pinterest photo from Teach it with Class from a few years ago to create an oversized Spookley to describe his characteristics.

This was a great extension to reinforce my previous adjective lessons. My kiddos loved coming up with different ways to describe Spookley.
My Spookley chart turned out a wee bit different but we still had a lot of fun.
We wrapped our day with an interactive book
"Be a Buddy, not a Bully" by Class of Kinders

Be a Buddy, Not a Bully! {Emergent Reader} for Kindergarte






.

No comments:

Post a Comment

❤Melissa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...