Image Map

Sunday, April 15, 2012

It’s Fiesta Time

It’s hard to believe that the end of the year is rapidly approaching. After reading a story in our first grade reading series, “Mama’s Birthday Present” I have been addicted to anything related to the word fiesta. My favorite place to eat is Moe’s.

I just can’t seem to get enough over achiever taco’s or queso and chips. Mmmmmmmmm!!! To celebrate my Moe’s addiction, I decided to create a Cinco de Mayo Mini Unit!! This unit has 14 different activities 7 math and 7 literacy to help you make your Cinco de Mayo Celebration quite FESTIVE!!

It is 96 pages- I have included both black/white and color coded cards by popular request. This way you can choose whether or not you want to print and go or copy, cut, and paste. (Everyone likes to do different things and my mailbox has been swamped with requests for color coded cards!!)

Cinco

Math
Terrific Taco Tally (Tally Counting)
Pedro’s Pesos (Coin Recognition)
Hot Chili Peppers: (3 number addition)
Nacho Nacho Man (Teen Number Counting)
It’s Fiesta Time (Time)
Dance the Cucaracha (Before & After)
Viva La Fiesta (Patterning)

Literacy
South of the Border (Ending Sounds).
Mariachi Madness (Vowel Sounds)
Feelin’ Hot! Hot! Hot!(CVC Words)
Taco Grande (Sneaky E Words).
Sunsational Sounds(Beginning Sounds)
Cha-Cha Chant(Digraphs)
Cactus Clusters (Blends)

I was also inspired with April Larramore’s of Chalk Talk posts about Cinco de Mayo!! All I can say is cute! cute! cute!

Head on over to Chalk Talk and check it out for yourself!!!

I already grabbed my copy of Cinco De Mouse-o by Judy Cox

Plus if you have extra plastic eggs laying around. Head on over to Playing it Cooley for step by step instructions on how to make these adorable Cinco-De-Mayo inspired maracas.

Viva La Fiesta

Always,

Melissa

 

5 comments:

  1. This looks precious! Oooh, and love some Moe's! We lost our Moe's a couple of years ago! I sure do miss it!!


    Laura
    Peace, Love, and First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  2. TOO cute and perfect craft for leftover Easter eggs! LOVE it!-Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like fun! Just added it to my wish list!

    ❀Bethany❀
    Learning is a Journey
    Polka Dot Parlor

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely AMAZING.. what a wonderful idea :)

    http://lovetoteach123.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

❤Melissa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...