Image Map

Monday, July 18, 2011

Take One: Back to School Units and Freebies Galore

Well it’s that time again. It is hard to believe that summer is quickly slipping away and we will be returning to the classroom before we know it! I spent a few hours with a dear friend today (a main trigger/supporter of why I returned to school to get my teaching degree). She always reminds me of where I began and how far I have come. (I love you Ms. D’Val!)

~Back to school memories~

Every year on the first day of school my dad would sing me this little ditty- Oh how it used to make me cringe when I heard him bellow out the words. I would do ANYTHING now to hear him sing it just one more time!! 

School Daze, School Daze

Good ole’ golden rule days

Reading and Writing and Arithmetic

Teacher’s gonna hit you with a hickory stick.

School Daze.. School Daze..

Over the last few days, I have been working on some back to school units for my TPT account. Recently, I started adding a few freebies to go along with my units. I figured I would start posting them as I finished so you all had the opportunity to download, print, and laminate before your school year begins. This will be a multi-part post as I have several units in the works. I will be posting them between now and August. My first posting is my Wild, Wild West theme. (A little tribute to my favorite American Idol ‘Scotty McCreery” and his new song “I love you this big”—Yee Haw, I just love it!!) Hope y’all enjoy!!!

B2S 2011 TAKE ONE

WILD WILD WEST

As promised, here are two western themed freebies just for you!!!

#1 Alphabet Round-Up

alphabet Round Up

#2 WANTED Number Roll-UP

Wanted

I have also posted my Wild West Math & Literacy Unit at my TPT store. There are 87 pages in this unit my little buckaroos. It is filled with 10 different math and 10 different literacy activities, plus directions and activity labels.

Here is a glimpse of my Wild West Unit

literacy wwmath ww

Always, Melissa

To be continued with B2S 2011 Take Two…

8 comments:

  1. Thank you for the freebies. We are all on a budget now days.
    http://k5teachermeade.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the two cute activities. They are printing as I type and will be perfect for the new year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the great activities!

    http://quenchyourfirst.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was wondering if you know what I could do to help my urban students understand the difference between rural, suburban, and urban communities. If you can help, please let me know. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you. they are such cute activities and will work with my Hoe-down unit! I have an alphabet unit on my blog, http://mswswonders.blogspot.com , feel free to grab it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am always looking for Western stuff. Thanx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved the freebies! Thank you so much! These will work great in our western themed kindergarten class.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We're going with a western theme this year so this fits perfectly. Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

❤Melissa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...