Image Map

Sunday, July 31, 2011

B2S: Take Three “Down on the Farm”

Here is my third installment to my “back to school” units and freebies. There is always something special about implementing a farm theme. I have never met a student who did not adore learning all about the farm and the animals. The possibilities are virtually endless with this theme.

Don’t forget to add farm themed manipulatives to your centers for counters. (small plastic farm animals) The dollar store is a great place to stock up on these.

Just returned from my local Dollar General and they have the cutest Hefty Zoo Animal: “Farm Edition” Plates and Bowls. I think these would be great for part-part-whole, giving students counters, etc. during center activities.

farm plates

TPT Unit: Down on the Farm Math & Literacy Fun

Your lil’ farm hands will have a blast working during center time with these math and literacy activities. This 87 page unit has 10 different math and 10 different literacy activities to reinforce “key” elements. (counting, time, money, odd/even. number order, beginning sounds, rhyming words, creating words, etc.)

down on the farm

Freebie #1 Barnyard Cover-Up

This is a fun activity that can be played with a partner or in a small group. Students will roll a numbered die and a +/- cube to cover up the farm animals. They will play until someone covers up their entire board.

barnyard coverup

Freebie #2 Down on the Farm I have~Who has…

Can you tell I love I have~ Who has activities. My students NEVER get sick of this quick activity. This is a small/large group activity that reinforces number recognition and addition facts. Numbers 1-25 included.

farm I have

Hope you enjoy my Farm unit and freebies!!!!

 

“Teachers” you asked for a sale~Here you go!

It’s time to stock up on your must haves for back to school. Head on over to the TPT site and join in the fun!! I am joining many of my blogger friends and throwing a 20% sale August 1st thru August 4th.

Use the TPT code B1T1S to get an additional 10% off.

20% + 10% = 30% (Yippee!!!)

Click Below to go to my store:

Melissa Freshwater

Always, Melissa

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the freebies! I teach Kdg and we do a farm unit at the end of the year so these will be perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this unit! Thanks for the freebies! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my 1st year teaching 1st grade, and you have such great ideas I can't wait to share with my students. Thanks for the freebies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Printing these for the 1st grade class I'm student teaching in. Thank you!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

❤Melissa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...