Image Map

Saturday, May 19, 2012

How Do you Keep It Together

I have had several requests about organizing and keeping it all together. I think this is one of the hardest things of being a teacher. We are constantly purchasing/acquiring many different items for our classroom and students. Who doesn’t love the dollar tree or target dollar spot. My husband calls me a pack rat a.k.a “beginning hoarder”. I have a fetish with buying items-“ heck it’s only a dollar!” and with bins/baskets. I can NEVER have enough bins. I am constantly looking for new colors to coordinate with my theme items. Currently, I have a pink, turquoise, and lime color scheme going on, but I am thinking about adding some purple and orange for next year. (Just depends on how my summer acquisition of new items goes!)

I have tried many different ways to organize and this is what I have found to be the easiest for me. I purchased the 3-drawer Sterilite bins from Wal-mart 

 

Sterilite 3-Drawer Cart, Set of 2and stacked them to make a great storage unit by my desk. I have my monthly supplies and key necessities right at my fingertips. IMG_6633

For my supplies I purchased shoe box bins from the Dollar Tree (You can buy them by the case qty=48)

I keep all of my art supplies, classroom supplies, and manipulatives in these bins. I am in the process of re-organizing and re-labeling my supplies for my move from sped to a regular classroom. You can click on the pictures/links below to grab my new supply labels (for FREE) that I have created to date. (More to come as I clean and organize)

image3imageimage

Art Supply Labels

Math Manipulative Labels

Supply Labels 

I hope you ENJOY

Always,

 Melissa

Coming Soon

Library Labels

Monthly (Bin) Labels

Literacy Supply Labels

26 comments:

  1. Thank you!! You should see my classroom closets....the parents came to clean the rooms yesterday and I had to shove things away. Yikes--I have a HUGE organization task ahead of me!

    ReadWriteSing

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! You can never have too many bins!! I love the way you have your drawers! Something to think about when I'm moving rooms!
    Nicole
    Rowdy in Room 300

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bins, Bins, and more Bins! Donorschoose has been a blessing in that department :)

    Blessings,

    Jessica Stanford
    Mrs. Stanford's Class Blog
    My TpT Store

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love bins too!! Almost as much as I love your idea of all the drawers stacked for monthly supplies! I am applying to work at a new school for next year and so I'm cleaning out my current room. I think I will go buy those drawers today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooooh, I love these! I LOVE containers! I've just been updating my supplies bins and literacy/math bins. I would love to see you Math labels, but I can't get the button to work. Thanks so much for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try This
      https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B3cW5rUbBpBFOWVjSUlDWEptVzg

      Delete
    2. Oh, I feel silly now...I was only clicking on the pictures. I didn't think to click on the names of the files below the pictures. I could pull up the art and supply labels by clicking the picture, but not the math. Thanks again! Love polka dots!

      Delete
  6. I love the look of the stackable storage! Looks neat & clean! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these labels! Thanks for sharing!
    Darlene, a fellow organizer
    jdsargo@sbcglobal.net

    ReplyDelete
  8. And, my husband also called me a 'pack rat.' But, I remind him of my life motto, "She who dies with the most stuff wins. I am in first place!"
    Darlene

    ReplyDelete
  9. Darlene- Thanks for the "funny" I am still smiling. I love that motto!!!! Everytime I leave the house I think my poor husbands gringes. He hates when he sees a Target bag in my car or in the house. He always says "Did you NEED that?" I reply with a simple it was only $1 or it was on SALE, I couldn't pass it up.
    PS Thank for following!!
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I love your labels! I have been working on putting my bins together for the fall.. I downloaded the supply label bins and I noticed that there is a blank page of labels. Is there a way to add my own words into that template so that I can continue to use the same font and label style with the items that you don't include on your labels? Thank you!!

      Delete
  10. These are great labels! Thanks for sharing.

    I love your "stacked" storage.

    Elizabeth

    Fun in Room 4B

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are just what I was looking for!!

    Thanks so much.
    Miss J

    Smiles, Crayons, and Endless Stories

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE these labels and SO want to use them to get my containers organized, and matching. Can you explain how I can get the files to open. When I click on them, I get redirected to Google drive but there is nothing I can do on this page to open them. My email is Amber.Steele789@gmail.com. Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks! This is great!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Melissa, Thank you so much for sharing! These are perfect for my classroom them of blue, green, pink polka dots with owl accents.

    ThinkShareTeach

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you so much. I'm switching classrooms and grade levels and used shoe boxes from The Container Store and your labels to organize my supplies while moving. What font did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for sharing these. They are adorable and have helped me get my stuff organized in a snap. I am almost done. I cannot wait to get your library labels and literacy labels.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I feel like I was meant to find your blog. I just got my first teaching position :) :) :) and I've decided on a polka dot / lime/turq/hot pink theme due to the awesome baskets at Dollar Tree. I found your labels on Classroom Freebies and after reading this post I got so excited!! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOVE the labels, thank you :)

    marislappe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am organizationally-challenged. I hope your blog helps me. I love what you do and your labels. How do you get them to stay on the containers? Packing tape?

    ReplyDelete
  20. I LOVE your labels! What is the name of the font that you used to make them, in case I have a make any others. I'd like them to all match :)
    Thanks!
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  21. I was also wanting to know the name of the font! Thanks so much for sharing! These are adorable:)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Nice post, its a really cool blog that you have here, keep up the good work, will be back.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I needed to read through this post twice since it was interesting ! gorgeous expression, a verily beneficial article. Thank you. I ensue your site to wish you prolonged success.
    Japan Used Cars

    ReplyDelete

❤Melissa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...