Image Map

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Crafting the Summer Away

 

Last year, while pinning I just had to buy clipboards. Well, after I purchased a classroom set…they sat. (I bought these at the Dollar Tree)

CB

Well, after a trip to Michaels and Hobby Lobby buying ribbon, I set out to create some jazzy clipboards.

CB1

First I cut piles of ribbon! This was definitely a chore, but a good movie on LMN and I was down in no time. My theme is B/W polka dots with poppin’ colors of fuchsia, lime green, turquoise, orange, and purple. I used a variety of ribbon in all 5 shades plus a variety of B/W polka dot ribbon. After making the piles I secured them in the center with a strip of thin ribbon. Next, I tied them to the clipboard.

CB2

The finished product…

CB4

Not sure if you can see but there is a small circular tag in the center. I will put the numbers 1-25 on the clip boards. Student 1 will use clipboard 1 and so forth. This way if my clipboard get damaged I will know exactly who the culprit is without heavy investigation. (LOL)

CB5

I am lovin’ my new jazzy clipboards, but now have to bring myself to take the plastic off… Yes, I was the one in the movie theatre during the scene in Magic Mike’s truck where he still had the plastic on in the interior of his truck. (That’s me want to keep things new as long as possible. That’s my OCD kicking in!!)

Always,

Melissa

Technorati Tags:

6 comments:

  1. Those clipboards are super cute! Numbering the clipboards is a good idea! I bought a class set last year and had a couple that were "purposely" damaged, and after the "heavy" investigation--I found out if was the kid you would have never suspected! LOL
    ☺ Tanya
    First Grade is Fantabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea numbering them.
    I too want to keep things new forever :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colorful ribbon! :)
    TeachPrayLove

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the ribbon clipboards!! They are so super cute!! I like the numbering idea too. :)
    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just saw Magic Mike last night... and that was hilarious! I number my privacy boards so I know who writes on them! LOL Your clipboards are super cute!! :)

    Kimberly
    The Learning Tree

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the idea of putting numbers on the clipboards! I also love Kimberly Santana's idea of putting numbers on the privacy boards. I am going to number my students for the first time this year so all of these ideas help. thank you!
    Modern Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete

❤Melissa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...