Image Map

Sunday, July 1, 2012

Keeping yourself organized

Well, this is probably the “biggest” question I get via email. “How do you keep yourself organized all throughout the year?” I think this is a tricky question and you need to find a system that works for you. I have always been a pretty organized person. When I returned to school a few years ago many “younger students” seemed to always comment about how organized I was-My reply was always, ‘I’m old!” I thought that due to the fact I was 10-15+ years older then them it helped me to have a better control over organizing my life. Once in the workforce, I rapidly discovered organization + age do not go hand-n-hand at all. There are many disorganized people out there. Yes, I admit I am a hot mess at times, but all in all I keep it together.

I utilize a one binder system to help me “keep it together”. Last year, I was gracious enough to have Mrs. Pollard from Tales of a Teacherista share her binder inserts with me.  As a special education teacher, I had to do some tweaking and adjusting and created my own set using her adorable set-up. This year, as many of you know, I am headed to a regular education classroom… 2nd grade or BUST!!! I created a version using my signature polka dots. (I can’t seem to get enough of the pattern- It seems so classic to me!!! Love me some black and white dots!!)

BY POPULAR DEMAND

HERE IT IS…

Grab my BINDER & Forms at my TPT store for $4.00

P.S. Thank you all for your words of inspiration!! WOW!! You guys really blew up my email with you pleas and requests!!!

Here is just a small glimpse of packet:

imageimageimageimage

Here is a small glimpse at a few of my inside binder forms

Calendar

imageimage

Weekly To Do

image

Birthdays

image

Transportation

image

How do you keep it all together??????

Always, Melissa

12 comments:

  1. This is exactly what I have been looking for! I am crazy about the black and white also, maybe that is an age thing since this will be my 31st year to teach! Can I purchase the set at your TPT store? I am ready to get it and become organized! Thanks!
    my email: spung@sbcglobal.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melissa~ This binder set is precious! Where can we get it?
    ~Jen
    Jen's Kinder Kids

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these! Especially the circles? Where can I get them? Or how can I make them!

    Greg
    Smedley's Smorgasboard of Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want .... I want! These are PERFECT!
    By the way, I just found your blog while blogstalking. I'll be back to visit! I'm new to blogging and would love for you to stop by sometime if you ever get the chance.
    Amy
    Where Seconds Count 2nd grade blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your black and white dots theme!!! That is what I am using in my classroom this year! :) Will these great organization tools be available for purchase on your TPT store?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi,
    I've chosen to give you the Versatile Blogger Award. Visit my site to get your award and learn how to pass it on to others.
    Diane
    schoolhousetreasures

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your monthly calendar. I definitely need that!

    Brandi
    Success in Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great minds think alike! I, too, have a one binder philosophy. I even call it my Bible (because it has all the answers)!! Maybe I'll share my system on my blog. It's definitely not as cute as yours, but now that I'm getting the hang of this creating thing, maybe I'll tweak it! Thanks for the continuous inspiration!

    Best wishes,
    Rebecca
    1stgradefascination.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello,

    I was a hot mess last year and have vowed to be more organized next year. I'm also creating a teacher binder and wish I'd seen this post before I created my own pages. Oh well. It's nice to see different styles and ideas.

    Joell
    Totally Terrific Teaching (Hoping I got the html right there--I'm a newbie.)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!! I've added this to my shopping cart!
    Amy
    Where Seconds Count 2nd grade blog

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your post. I have a huge binder that I call my "big book of almost everything". My team members make fun of me for it, but they know who to come to when they need something. ;) I love my binder and I don't know how I made it before.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks so much for this product. I purchased it and just love the theme. Everything looks so professional. I am trying to get organized this year. I appreciate all your help. I hope you will add to this theme.

    ReplyDelete

❤Melissa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...