Image Map

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Classroom Organization Take 4 “Where Are We?”

UPDATED UPDATED UPDATED

As a special education resource teacher, I was constantly grabbing students for testing, small group, and etc. Sometimes, I would head into a class just to discover they were not there… The hunt begins… Well, I think it was easier finding a “cute” resolution to this problem via pinterest.

Have you seen this adorable sign by Sara Saucy of Smiling in Second Grade on Pinterest? Oh My!!!! Love it!!!

Isn’t it adorable??? Too Darn Cute for Words!!

As soon as I saw this, I knew I needed to utilize it in my new 2nd grade classroom. As a resource teacher, I was constantly looking for students to complete benchmark and progress monitoring assessments. I have even witnessed students who have arrived late to school and not know where their class is. (With this adorable sign…your problems will be solved!)

I think this sign is a terrific way to let everyone {students (who may arrive late) and teachers/staff members} know exactly where you are at.

I love how Sara used a small circle and velcro to move to each sign. I am going to attach my signs to a long board, attach some ribbon and use a clip style clothespin to “clip” where we are.

I am going to add a classroom job entitle “On the Go” Montior

The student who is the “On the Go” Monitor will be responsible for moving the clip prior to leaving the room.

I wasn’t sure which sign I liked so I made two versions (LOL)

To snag this sign in neon click the images below.

NEON UPDATED WITH ADDED P.E. & Multi-Purpose Room

imageimage

To snag this sign in black & white polka dot click the images below.

image

image

 

Always,

Melissa

P.S. As soon as I get my sign finished, I will post a finished product picture.

20 comments:

  1. Thank you so much! I could not decide between them, so I downloaded both!
    www.kindertrips.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE!! I just bought a poster for this project the other day when I was at the Dollar Tree! Now I have cute new signs! Thanks!!

    Elisabeth
    www.missdelk.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute! I downloaded both, too! Ha!
    ~Jen
    Jen's Kinder Kids

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melissa this is perfect!! I love Sara's sign & the black & white polka dots is exactly what I am looking for. Thanks so much!
    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for sharing! I can't wait to get this made up for next year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE these! Thanks so much for sharing them with us!

    ✪Crystal✪
    Strive to Sparkle

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for sharing the beautiful labels!

    Ѽ Lori

    Teaching With Love and Laughter
    luvyorkies@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE this:) Thanks for sharing!

    I am your newest follower!

    Tonya
    Tonya’s Treats for Teachers

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love those! I am going to be teaching resource next year.
    ✿April✿
    Grade School Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the shout-out! I'm so glad you liked it!

    Sara :)
    Smiling In Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
  11. bethwramage@yahoo.comJune 20, 2012 at 1:26 AM

    Thanks so much for this cutey!!! Can't wait to put it together! So glad I found your blog and I am following:)) Would it be tooooo much trouble for you to make a sign for P.E.?? We have a separate time for this and I would appreciate it much!!! Thanks again and am so excited to be following you:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this! can't wait to use it next year! I have some things you may like on my blog. And make sure you follow because I'll be doing a giveaway very soon!

    Kate :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this! Your PE and Multi purpose room is giving me an error message! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So cute! Thanks for sharing!!!

    ~Julie
    www.thehipteacher.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Melissa, I love your blog and your ideas you share! I was wondering if you could add library & PE to your polka dot "where are we?" signs? As I was making mine I thought i had missed a page but saw you had it for the other color scheme. I understand if this is too much to ask. Thanks again for your time & willingness to share.
    -Casey
    smsu2003@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Which font did you use for these adorable signs? I was wanting to create a sign for 'Here' so that something is always checked. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am also in need of the Library sign. Do you have one you can send me. Or a way to edit this document so I can add my own words to the black polka dot borders?

    ReplyDelete

❤Melissa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...