Image Map

Friday, June 15, 2012

Packing, Moving, Graduation-Oh My

Hi Y’all.  I just wanted to check in. Although, I have been posting some small items and freebies, I have not posted any units lately. I have had several emails and figured it was time to do a little explaining. As many of you know, I am leaving my position as a special education teacher and heading to a regular education classroom in the fall. Between packing up my classroom for the big move (luckily I was staying in the same building and had some “sweet” people help me move”), watching my baby graduate high school (tears flowing non-stop) and prepping for his graduation party- I have been a bit preoccupied. Okay, I was completely out of my mind. (LOL!)

I have the move, graduation and party behind me so it’s time to finish some projects I started in April. I have a huge sight word unit, carnival unit, camp out, and reading units coming soon. I know that many are just finishing up their school year and need a break, but I will be finishing up the units and starting some new requests. (Thank you for the overwhelming requests- You guys are amazing. Luckily several have been the same so I think I will be able to tackle them. Do you have a request for a particular item or unit theme? Send me an email at mfresh2@aol.com and I’ll see what I can do. My ultimate goal is to finish all my projects (new & old) by August 1st.

I have had several requests for my polka dot items, I will compile my classroom décor in a unit so you can just purchase and download. (Coming Soon)

image

 

Have any of you gone to Hobby Lobby lately? I went their Wednesday to pick up 1 thing… $100+ later I got my 1 thing, but was in SHOCK to see they have already begun to put out their Fall and X-mas Décor. I don’t know about you but I just started my summer vacation, I would like a few days to enjoy and soak up some rays before thinking about Fall.

Here are some questions for you:

What’s your theme for the 2012-2013 school year?

Have you begun buying items for the fall?

Where do you go to shop for your items???

Always, Melissa

 

PS Classroom Organizing Part 5: My teacher binder.

20 comments:

  1. My classroom theme is Oceans with green/blue color scheme and polka-dots. I know, I know it sounds crazy- but it is really coming together
    www.kindertrips.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to have to come visit! Our rooms will be similar :)

      Delete
  2. I am doing polkadots & anxiously await your polkadot unit! :)
    ~Jen
    Jen's Kinder Kids

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am doing a pirate/red-black-white polka dot theme! I'm with Jen- I am anxiously awaiting your polkadot unit! I usually do most of my shopping at Dollar Tree, Target (dollar spot), and Hobby Lobby. I've only been on vacation now for 3 days and I've already started buying things for next year. Somebody just said on their blog...A teacher's job is never done. lol :)
    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am on vacation from Ohio to Florida and made a stop at a Hobby Lobby down here. They had all of their beach theme stuff 40% off...guess who had to purchase another suitcase for the plane trip home!!! There are things here we can't get at home! You are right a teacher's job is never done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm doing a polka dot theme. I found a cute polka dot bean bag at meijer and some cute paper lanterns at party city. I'm so excited for my room next year because it's all mine and ive job shared in the past and next year I'm going full time. It feels really good to completely organize your room how you want it. It's polka dot heaven! Lol Melissa I sent you an email about polka dot birthday cupcakes! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm doing farm...but there isn't too much out there..

    ReplyDelete
  7. My school's mascot is the owl and there are sooo many cute owl things out there now.. so I was thinking a forest theme with owls everywhere!

    P.S. I am your newest follower!

    Susan
    T.G.I.F. (Thank God it's First Grade!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am going with a color scheme...pink, green and blue. I was inspired by the summer stuff at Dollar General. Lots of little cute baskets and cups in those colors. I already scooped up several things. I found some 1" view 3 ring binders in those colors so I knew it was the theme for me. I just got scrapbook paper today @ WM to make banners and that cool toolbox I've seen all over Pinterest. I'm enjoying my summer, but I am getting ready for next school year already like many others. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm moving back to first grade after 6 years in 2nd, 5th, & 6th grades. I'm digging out my cowboy and cowgirl decor and going with that. Would love some updated bandana items. Going with red, blue, white, and some yellow. Thanks for sharing your creative products!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love frogs and have always had frogs all over my room. I think I have more of a color scheme with frogs added! My color scheme is bright blue, green, pink, yellow. It lends itself to watery froggy fun!! Have anything with frogs?

    Rene'
    A Passion For Primary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS. Can't wait for your Take 5 of your teacher binder!!

      Delete
  11. I'm going with lime green, black and white. It'll be a complete redo for me. There'll be some light blue thrown in too. I check garage sales, Target, Dollar Tree, Party City, Michaels and Hobby Lobby for my room. Yes, I've already started!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was going with a garden theme this year. Got the go ahead from my Principal to paint my room. Then a week later, an email came down from the powers that be that no one was allowed (even touch-ups from the custodians) to do ANY painting!! I'm not sure what I'm going to do now. I was so excited for yellow walls with green accents. Now I'm back to creme colored walls. Boring. Any suggestions???

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am going to do a zebra print (black and white) classroom with hints of blue and red in it. I am your newest follower. I would love to have you stop by.

    April
    Wolfelicious

    ReplyDelete
  14. I do STARS, with lots of bright colors on black backgrounds. Polka Dots seem to work their way in there, too! I do most of my shopping on TPT, at Dollar Tree, at Michael's, at OfficeMax/Staple's and at Target with the occasional Walmart purchase thrown in. Although we got out of school on May 23rd, I'm not purchasing anything until after July 1 - we do get *some* reimbursements, but receipts have to be dated after July 1 (when the new fiscal year starts). I'm definitely LOOKING at what I want to purchase, though!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm gong with a beach theme with bright blue, bright green, and bright pink. I get most of my stuff from Hobby Lobby, or Dollar Tree. I was able to paint my room a few weeks ago and I have a growing pile of classroom decorations growing in my garage. I've been drawn to brightly colored polka dot things, too, so that might be incorporated into my room also.
    Sophia

    ReplyDelete
  16. I was thinking about doing a Mo Willems theme. Last year I did an Eric Carle like theme. But I'm leaning towards a Hawaiian theme now. I'm not sure. I keep seeing such cute things out there.
    Ms. Kerri and her Krazy Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just a general question for all of you out there. I too love themes and am going with a polka dot theme next year. I am almost done with my summer break and spent nearly every day getting ready for next year and spent tons of $$$$$$. So my question is, do you all really change themes every year? I had my other theme for 3 years. I don't know if I can commit to this one for too long but every year is just way too $$$ and time consuming to me. I read about all your themes and am so inspired but I just can't imagine because there are sooooo many things to change when you change things. Spray paint is my new best friend. Any thoughts?

    ReplyDelete

❤Melissa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...