Image Map

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Happy Happy Birthday Baby

What do you do in your classroom to celebrate birthdays? We have a very strict nutrition policy at our school (No Candy, No Sweets!- Items must adhere to policy and be under 100 calories.) Personally, I do not understand why a delectable treat here and there is so detrimental especially when 3/4 of the students live on junk and mountain dew. Oh My-That was little rant!!

Last year, I saw these adorable balloons in pinterest from What the teacher Wants

(Too Cute, Huh!! They used XL Pixie Stix but this is a No No in my county! )

 

Mrs. Osterman from Kindergarten Rocks used Krazy Straws “Cute Cute Cute”

I have decided to add this adorable idea to my classroom using XL Neon Glow Stix from the Dollar Tree.

Simply click the pictures below to snag my polka dot version of the pinterest birthday balloons!!

 

imageimage

Always, Melissa

10 comments:

  1. simply adorable...thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! We have a no sweet treat policy at our school, too! Boo!

    ~Jen
    Jen's Kinder Kids

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this idea. I've already copied my balloons onto cardstock and now just need to put it together. I love the idea of using glowsticks. Dollar Tree is one of my new addictions!

    Brandi
    Success in Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, I love these polka dots balloons! It's like you read my mind or something! Thank you soooo much. :)

    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  5. HOW CUTE, and I love the other ideas too!! Thanks for sharing!!

    įƒ¦DeAnne
    First Grade and Fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you SO MUCH for the polka dot balloons! I have been wanting to do this and I am doing a black/bright colors polka dot theme this year so this is beyond perfect!!!
    Love it! You just helped me complete a summer project! :)
    tjulch@mpsomaha.org

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute! That's nuts that you can't give out candy! I would be fired! I hand it out like crazy!

    Mrs. Wheeler’s First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea. We have the same policy, no goodies. We also make a birthday book but this will be a good addition to that! Thank you for the ver sweet share!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I gave out the pixie sticks last year and the kids loved them. I will be snagging you cute balloon to attach to mine this year. Thanks a bunch!
    First Grade Shenanigans

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sweet! Love it!! We are looking for creative ideas to celebrate bdays at school. We were actually on board w/the "no food" policy because WE want to be the one giving our kids the junk (and very little of it) and thank goodness we liked the policy because we now have a peanut allergy. Parents sending in food is a nightmare and honestly, very scary. Love Love Love this idea! Keep them coming. We've found some great ways to celebrate without food and the great part, the kids enjoy it I think ever more!!

    ReplyDelete

❤Melissa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...